Wednesday, November 8, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 8th


November 8, 2017 
Proverbs 8: The Importance of Wisdom

"Take my instruction, and not silver,
And knowledge rather than choicest gold.
For wisdom is better than jewels;
And all desirable things can not compare with her."
Proverbs 8:10-11


There has literally been NOTHING IN THIS LIFE that's humbled me more than motherhood.

 I've done some embarrassing things in my life- I've fallen down in countless times, hopelessly flobbed speaking opportunities, and morning sickness thrown up in more public places than I ever though humanly possible (I'm looking at you, random Home Depot trash can). But seriously, honestly,- RAISING KIDS TAKES THE CAKE. It's broken me down to the point that I now realize that I know zero things without Him. (And that fixing five or six cups of coffee a day is totally normal.) 

The salt in the wound is that by having three, I now get triple the opportunities to face the harsh reality of Humbling Motherhood. Because what's worked for one will absolutely and most definitely NOT work for the other two. Bless it- they have banded together, unified themselves, and have broken my prideful spirit. And I'm better for it. 

Especially when I remember my smug college girl attitude. YOU KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I shudder when I remember how much I thought I knew back then. (Ta, I AM MORTIFIED. I owe you so much apology Tobasco popcorn for my Know It All attitude. Bless my heart, you had the patience of Job. One day I'm going to take a young college girl under my wing and give her the TJF treatment. I can't wait to pay it forward!) If you have the audacity to mentally parent because you're an "expert" in child rearing even though you don't actually HAVE a child and are unable to even remember the last time you changed the oil in your car- YOU SHOULD JUST STOP IT RIGHT THERE. ProTip: If you don't have a handle on basic, routine automotive maintenance- YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT ABOUT RAISING TINY HUMANS or anything else, really. Because you have no idea. Bless your heart, you really don't. Or at least I didn't. 

These verses are my Motherhood Swan Song. 
I have begged God to pour His Discretion onto me more times than I can remember. Every.single.day I am faced with new challenges and attitudes AND TEACHING PHONICS and bedtime battles and car seat questions and daily oral care routines- and left alone, I have absolutely no idea how to handle it all. But, when I humble myself and empty all my doubt and worry and fears at His feet- He gives me the wisdom I need. 

When I'm facing a confounding behavior- I mentally pray right there, on the spot, for God to put the right words in my mouth. When I'm fuming over school work and I can feel my patience stretching thin- I take a breath and ask Him for His Instruction instead of mine. AND HE HELPS ME. He gives me extra measures or patience or a new disciplinary spin on things or an extra burst of energy to make it through the last page and a half of the day's Math work. He really does. 

His wisdom truly is better than jewels. It's worth all the money in Ft. Knox because it empowers me to raise three souls for eternity with Him. And that's why these verses are such an amazing encouragement to me. 

Have a Christ-filled day, y'all! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!