Sunday, November 19, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 19th


November 19, 2017
Proverbs 19: Point Your Heart Toward God

"Listen to counsel and accept discipline, 
That you may be wise the rest of your days." 
Proverbs 19:20 

NOT THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN CALLED OUT FOR MY OWN WRONGDOINGS OR ANYTHING, but this verse is the bomb, y'all. 

One of my resolutions for 2017 was self refinement and bless my heart, I've gotten it. I've felt convictions about the television I watch and the music I listen to and the conversations I have. And it hasn't felt good.

(Worth notice: Having three sets of tiny ears that are literally under my feet 24/7 does WONDERS for my conversation skills. Since THEY LISTEN TO ALL MY WORDS, I better make sure I'm OK with them being repeated. BECAUSE THEY WILL BE.) 

Having my character flaws and shortcomings shown to me hurts. It's painful to have Matt help me see my sinful (mainly, if I'm being honest- overly emotional) reactions to situations. I want my skin to boil off my bones when I recall conversations I've had with friends that took paths down into gossip or unkind critiques of others. It's noooooot fun. I've gotten very familiar with the taste of crow and humble pie this year. 

But this verse reminds me to stick with it and to stay the course towards becoming a better reflection of Him. The hard parts of listening to the Godly advice of others and owning up to the fallout from some poor decisions that I've made will become the strength I need to stand up and make better decisions the next time I'm in a similar situation. Because after I've grown and learned and matured, I will be 'wise the rest of my days' because of it. 

And that's such a comforting promise to me, Chief of all sins and self refinement. 

Have a Christ-filled day, y'all! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!