Tuesday, November 21, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 21st


November 21, 2017
Proverbs 21: God Examines Our Motives

"It is better to live in a corner of a roof, 
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." 
Proverbs 21:9

This verse is huge for me because I realize how true it is. 

Solomon's words convict me because they make me recognize that I set the tone in our house. First thing in the morning, when I'm fixing my husband's breakfast and packing his lunch for work- if I'm muttering and sighing dramatically and making myself a martyr while I pour his coffee- what kind of message am I sending him? When the kids wake up and find me violently unloading the dishwasher or hurling clothes out of the dryer- what sort of dynamic am I setting up for us that day? With horrible beginnings like those, it's a wonder if any of us would survive until bedtime. 

But if I choose to begin my day smiling at my family- WHAT A DIFFERENCE THAT MAKES. It's much easier to get the kids to cooperate when we've been laughing over our bowls of oatmeal together. It's way easier to call Matt at work and ask him to run by the store on his way home for a few things if I sent him out the door that morning with a hug and a chortle over some inside joke we have. 

I've been given tremendous power. My prayer is that I use it positively. 

Have a Christ-filled day, y'all! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!