Thursday, November 23, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 23rd


November 23, 2017
Proverbs 23: Watch Over Your Hearts Desires 

"My son, if your heart is wise, 
My own heart will be glad;
And my inmost being will rejoice,
When your lips speak what is right." 
Proverbs 23:15,16 

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! 

I read over these verses and thought immediately of my kids. These verses are the total summation of what I'm most thankful for as a parent: To be training and raising Godly kids. 

Now don't let the platitude fool you- THEY CAN BE HOOLOGANS. 
My Mom recently came to town and the entire time she was here they were horrible. They didn't listen while we shopped at Sam's, they dove under the clothes racks at Walmart and they spent a good deal of the time we were outside on Saturday bickering with each other loudly enough for the neighbors to hear. I spent half the time either correcting them or looking for a rock to crawl under. 

PARENTHOOD. Mercy. 

But then, at the end of the weekend, when we'd come in from church Sunday night, we sat down to have our evening prayer time together and they absolutely melted my heart. They were innocent and humble and repentant when we pointed out their behavior over the last few days. They woke up Monday morning with fresh attitudes and willing hearts that had been obediently molded by His love for them. They were brand new kids. Hallelujah. 

So Solomon's right- my inmost being does rejoice when I get to watch them grow in His grace and favor. And this year, it's one of the things I am most thankful for. 

Have a Christ-filled day, y'all! Eat lots of pie! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!