Friday, November 10, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 10th


November 10, 2017
Proverbs 10: Righteousness and Wickedness

"When the storm passes, the wicked is no more,
But the righteous has an everlasting foundation."
Proverbs 10:25

Well there was ever a perfect verse for Motherhood- THIS WOULD BE IT. 

Because some days are stormy, amIright?? 

Some days are heavy with clouds and winds and assaulting rain. Some are filled with thundering attitudes and lightning bolts of anger. And some may even start sunny, but then the cloud cover can quickly roll in on winds of whining and sleep deprivation and sibling rivalry. 

And it's hard to weather conditions like these. Days when you're SURE it's supper time but the clock mockingly reads 2:47pm. Or when you feel like you've been up for HOURS and the coffee pot only reads 8:12am. You've ground out 14 loads of laundry and taken out the grossest bag of garbage your family ever filled and cleaned up some sort of sticky/crusty Thing out the bottom of your icebox produce drawer and broken up fights over Nerf guns and dried tears over tangled doll hair and cleaned up puppy puke from your living room rug. It's hard work weathering conditions like these. 

This verse reminds me that if I haven't found my foundation in Him, those howling winds WILL reduce me to rubble. I'll end the day sitting in a guilt filled heap on my couch surrounded by destruction and wonder how I'll find the strength to face it all again tomorrow morning. But if I've reinforced my Spirit by reading my Bible every morning and by spending time in prayer with Him- I'll be able to use His strength to withstand those storms. The end of the day will come and I'll still be tired, but I won't be defeated. I'll pick up the pieces with His help and I'll go to bed knowing He'll guide me tomorrow just like He did today. And there's no way I could do it without Him.

Have a Christ-filled day, y'all! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!