Tuesday, November 28, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 28th


November 28, 2017
Proverbs 28: Don't Desert God's Law

"The wicked flee when no one is pursuing,
But the righteous are bold as a lion." 
Proverbs 28:1

REAL TALK: I have not felt confident lately. I'm fully blaming the sugar/carb combo from the Thanksgiving weekend for putting me in my funk. Or maybe it's hormones. Or my bad hair day. Or the moon. Low tide? High tide? It's gotta be something. 

But regardless of what put me here- I've had to do some serious searching to mentally get myself out of it today. Honestly, it's been about 93% effective. (The kids aren't asleep yet and I'm fighting the urge to bust up in their rooms and lay the Heavy Hammer of Doom on some rear ends. So yeah, I'm still a work in progress tonight.) I've prayer journaled it. I've had a text-therapy session. I've word vomited it all on my husband, bless his heart. I've drowned myself in coffee and Skinny Chocolate. I've vegged out with the kids while they watched Polar Express. 

I'm still not myself, but I'm light years better than I was this morning. I believe that's because I've taken the time today, despite how I'm feeling, to make the choice to follow the righteous path.

I've put myself in The Word. 
I've laid it bare in prayer. 
I've sought Godly encouragement from a friend that points me to His comfort. 
I've opened up all my ugliness and feelings and words to my husband- the person who, despite my insanity, still chooses to love me. 
I've embraced self care. 
I've found joy in small pleasures. 
I've reserved my energy. Instead of running errands that could have been run, I recognized how thin I was stretching myself and made a conscious decision to stay home and stress less. We might not have bananas for breakfast tomorrow morning, but the kids also didn't have to listen to me holler at them in the car on the way to WalMart. WORTH IT.  

This verse reminds me to seek out my confidence from Him, even on days like today when all I really feel like is a busted can of biscuits. So if you ever find yourself fighting to choose what's right and righteous over how you're currently feeling- remember this verse. I hope it encourages you as much as it does me. 

And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!