Saturday, November 11, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 11th


November 11, 2017
Proverbs 11: A God Shaped Life

"The generous man will be prosperous, 
And he who waters will himself be watered." 
Proverbs 11:25

I run on fumes most days. In fact, I'm running on fumes THIS VERY MORNING. 

Traveling with three kids ain't for sissies, y'all. 
After the car exploding four hour drive with snacks and crumbs and a trillion bathroom stops- we arrive alive. Then everybody goes to bed late, wakes up early and cries at least four times each during the night. It's easy on mornings like this to be snippy and short tempered with my husband. (Worth noting: MATT IS THE BEST. He took the donut run this morning.) I've found myself barking at the kids and biting back the urge to fuss at them for silly stuff like floor wallowing and donut messes and unfinished apple juice. 

But that's selfish. 
We're all trying our best. (Or mostly.) Bless it. 
These verses remind me that the more grace I give, the more grace I'll get. When I'm tired and fussy and hangry- I'm glad my family can cut me some slack and brew us more coffee. I'm glad I can remind myself to exhale a little and let the kids make pallets on the rug while they watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving at 7:47am. 

Today I'll remind myself to water others a little more. And I hope you will, too. 

Have a Christ-filled day, y'all! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!