Friday, November 3, 2017

30 Days Of Proverbs: November 3rd


November 3, 2017
Proverbs 3: Find Protection and Peace With Wisdom

"Do not withhold good from those whom it is due, 
When it is in your power to do it."
Proverbs 3:27

Ok, so I tell my kids "No" ALL THE TIME. 

Candy at 7:01am? NO. 
Scissors in bedrooms behind closed doors? NO. 
Using the water hose outside 20 minutes before we need to leave the house? NO. 

But there are some No's that aren't as black and white. I might say "No" to reading a book when I'm tired. I may say "No" to PlayDoh in the kitchen because I don't feel like sweeping up the mess afterwards. Don't even ask me to play Trouble because IT IS THE GAME THAT WILL NEVER END. Going to the park frequently gets pushed to the back burner because of the tumbleweeds of pet hair billowing across the living room because THE HOUSEWORK IS NEVER, EVER DONE. 

But these verses remind me that I should say "Yes" when I can. Is PlayDoh messy? Yup. But is it better than having the kids waste half an hour staring at Odd Squad? Absolutely. So today, I'll exhale more and work on gathering the patience and energy to say "Yes" when I can, even if it's not convenient. 

Have a Christ filled day, y'all. And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!