Thursday, November 2, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 2nd


November 2, 2017
Proverbs Chapter 2: Wisdom Brings Security

"For the Lord gives wisdom,
from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk in intregrity, 
guarding the paths of justice,
and He preserves the way of His godly ones."
Proverbs 2: 6-8

Ok, so this one is a straight up GEM. 

Homeschooling/motherhood has left me empty and answerless more than any other season I've encountered in my life. I pray for discretion and guidance and strength and wisdom about 1,483 times a day because there are moments when I have about a 0.003% clue about what I'm doing.

 I've got a reluctant reader and I've tried EVERY SINGLE TRICK IN THE BOOK to encourage them during Phonics. Games and tough love and sight words and blends and flash cards have left us miserable and defeated. Tears, OH THE TEARS WE HAVE SHED. God has had to hold my hand because if not, I would have either burned my dining room down around us or shaved my own head in desperation. 

These verses remind me to continue to look to Him for help and strength and guidance AND SELF CONTROL. Because while we're light years ahead of where we were, I've still got about 16 years of Homeschooling waiting ahead for me. SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVENS. 


Have a Christ filled day, y'all. And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!