Friday, November 17, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 17th


November 17, 2017

Proverbs 17: Seek Out The Good Things

"Better is a dry morsel and quietness with it
Than a house full of feasting with strife." 
Proverbs 17:1

Ok, but so FOR REAL- please tell me I'm not the only woman who struggles with comparisons. I mentioned earlier this month about my deleting some of my social media accounts and I CAN NOT TELL Y'ALL how free it has made me. Mercy sakes alive. I love it. 

Eliminating unnecessary informational overloads from my life has given me such peace. I'm grateful that my day isn't ordered by how I feel about how much my friends are exercising or decorating or cooking or cleaning. I miss some of their updates, and their adorable kiddos, and the funny memes they post- but honestly I don't miss it enough to allow it to invade my newfound "quietness". 

If you're struggling with feeling inadequate and have begun to find a correlation between those emotions and the amount of time you're spending watching other people live their lives online- TRIM THAT FAT, Sister. Get rid off it; take a gigantic step back from that "house of feasting" you've been welcoming into your life. Think about your internal strife. SOLOMON KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. 

 Let yourself take a break from being over saturated with others. Find your own dry morsel and let this verse remind you to gather your contentment from that place. You'll find you'll be much, MUCH happier with less in your life. 

Ask me how I know. 

Have a Christ-filled Day, y'all! And thanks for stopping by~ Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!