Wednesday, November 1, 2017

30 Days of Proverbs: November 1st


One of my favorite Bible study habits is to wrap up my reading with reading the date's corresponding chapter in Proverbs. With today starting a new month, I thought I'd create a sort of online journal of my favorite verses and thoughts through each chapter. 

If you'd like to read along, I'd love to have you join the conversation! 


NOVEMBER 1, 2017
Proverbs Chapter 1- Wisdom's Call

"Turn to my reproof, 
Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; 
I will make my words known to you." 
Proverbs 1:23

I hate having my nose rubbed into my mistakes, WHICH ARE PLENTIFUL. I tend to immediately become defensive, combative, and offended when I recognize my character flaws or sinful behavior within myself or EVEN MORE SO when it's pointed out by someone else, bless their hearts. 

But this verse reminds me that good, Godly reproof refines me. His discipline makes me better. It helps me to track down, dig up and root out the parts of me that aren't reflecting Him. So today, I'll focus on listening to Him, humbling my heart to accept His direction and working to refine the habits I have that pull me away from Him. (I'm looking at YOU, Impatience and Perfectionism.) 

Have a Christ filled day, y'all. And thanks for stopping by~  Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!