Monday, January 6, 2020

Forget About The Schedule, Yo.


Are you already lagging behind in your 2020 Bible Reading Plan??
YOU ARE IN GREAT COMPANY! 🥳 



I started my Chronological plan over near the beginning of last year, but studying for our Ladies Group that meets at my house on Fridays (SHAMELESS PLUG- You should come! I fix the coffee. LOTS OF IT.) and working on the kid’s Bible classes on Sundays and Wednesdays this quarter and getting sidetracked with a study our Adult class recently did on angels- I AM STILL IN AUGUST. 

Does this bother me? 
Nope. 
Do I have a rash? 
A fever? 
Unexplained lightheadedness? 
NOT ONE BIT. 

You’re working on more than a reading plan! 
You’re building a RELATIONSHIP with God THROUGH HIS WORD. He doesn’t care if you’re on track HE JUST WANTS TO MEET YOU THERE. So if you’re flustered about your empty check mark boxes- DO NOT DO THAT. Your Momma raised you better than that, bless her heart. 

Just keep at it. Every day. For two days. Then five. Then a week. Fortnight. Month! 

Before you know it you’ll be digging daily into His Word without thinking about it, wondering why on earth you don’t feel anxious anymore. Or why that heaviness in the back of your neck feels better. You’ll fall asleep excited to wake up and drink your coffee with Him. Or to settle in for the night near Him with some peppermint tea, a notebook, hilighter and a Pilot G2 05 pen. 

(There is no better prayer/Bible journal pen out there. THIS PEN IS PERFECT and I will never be otherwise convinced. Not that I’m dramatic or anything.) 

Chin up, friends!! YOU ARE SO GONNA ROCK THIS. And if you’re having a hard time getting started LET ME KNOW and I’ll cheerlead you through it. 

I have pom poms and everything. 

Have a great week, y’all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!