Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Pep Talk For Myself


Sweet merciful heavens, y'all- I AM SO TIRED. 

This morning's current situation is brought to you by a nightmare, one set of leg cramps and TWO nosebleeds. I JUST WANNA CRAWL BACK IN MY BED.

We've got a slammed day (and all week, really) of end-of-the-summer stuff to do and when my alarm went off at 5:01am I SO MUCH wanted to throw my phone in the commode and go back to bed. But I didn't- I rolled outta bed, turned on the washer and dryer, poured a cup of coffee and curled up in my chair with my favorite ugly sweater to study The Word and talk about all my feelings with Him while the world was still dark and quiet. I'll post this, then I'll fix Matt's lunch and breakfast, then I'll head into my dining room to dig further into planning our school year. I'm busy and it's not even 6:00am. 

My point is this: would an extra 45 minutes of sleep this morning been awesome? YESSSS. But will I feel better after having spent time at His feet and preparing myself to serve my family today instead? ABSOLUTELY. It's so worth it. (I tell myself this as I smear Sunday's mascara all over my face on a Tuesday morning as I rub my tired eyes. Don't judge- I'm working on implementing a better skin care routine. BABY STEPS, Ok?)  

We can do it, Mommas! WE CAN DO THE HARD THINGS. The payoff will be worth the extra cups of coffee we'll need to combat the combination nights of interrupted sleep and early mornings. WE REALLY CAN!! So get up, get in The Word with some coffee and get ready to conquer today for Him! What hard things are you currently conquering? Can I pray for you about them? 

 ::pep talk completed:: 

Thanks for stopping by! ~Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!