Sunday, May 28, 2017

It's Not A "Plan", It's A Habit.



I finished another Chronological Reading Plan this morning. Allegedly you can read through the entire Bible in a year, BUT I HAVE NEVER MADE THAT WINDOW. 

It usually takes me 14-16 months (Okay. One time 18!) to get through cover to cover, but that's because LIFE HAPPENS. You have a baby or your kids get sick or you get sick and you won't always have 30 minutes to sit down and study every morning. (Or night- if you're a night owl, bless your heart.) 

Once I got passed that mental block of "I have to check off this tiny box of specific chapters everyday to stay on schedule" I began seeing it as an opportunity to grow a habit instead of meeting a goal. 

My hope is that by posting this I can encourage just one person to get rid of the "schedule pressure" and simply use a printout as a tool to help build within them the habit of daily Bible study. 

If you're hesitant about the insurmountable idea of reading through the Bible (YOU CAN DO IT!), or finding time to read your Bible every day (I PROMISE IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG!)- let me know and I would love to be able to encourage you! (I was a cheerleader in the 8th grade, by the way so that basically qualifies me as a professional, you know.) 

Thanks for stopping by! ~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!