Friday, March 24, 2017

I Can't Eat That.


So y'all, I love apple pie. LOVE IT. It's superior to both peach and lemon. You'll never convince me otherwise. IT IS FACT.

So what would happen if some sweet neighbor lady (because we live in an amazing neighborhood and it's basically a 2017 version of Mayberry) bakes me an apple pie and brings it warm from the oven to my house with a half gallon of Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell (again, superior to all other store bought ice creams- there is no room for debate) a cuts me slice that would make Paula Deen proud but JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE MY FIRST BITE tells me that during her assembly a roach crawled into it and bless her heart, she tried- but she just couldn't get it out.

But she promises me it was a teeny, tiny roach and that I'd really, REALLY have to look hard to find it, and that if she would have never told me about it before I ate it I'd probably miss it all together- Do you think I'd still eat it? Do you think I'd still feed it to my kids? Ain't no way. You can come over and have a slice and be our guest, but I'll have to pass.

Y'all, the same idea applies to the entertainment I allow I to my house. I've got to be better and finding, digging out and getting rid of those hidden roaches that are sneaking around out there. Because as small and insignificant and supposedly harmless as people tell me they are- A ROACH IS A ROACH IS A ROACH. And I'm not gonna eat it.

Now when all is said and done, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'm gonna pour some Community Dark Roast over a spoonful of that Blue Bell she brought me over because Ice Cream Coffee is like manna from heaven.

Go try it and see if I'm wrong...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!