Sunday, June 21, 2015

Interview With A Preschooler. (Or three.)


I jumped on the "Father's Day Interview" bandwagon with our three kids this year. 

Much like the others that I'd read, our results were funny and heartwarming and tear-jerking, all at the same time. 

I think it's safe to say that a new tradition has been born. 
Below are the results of the survey, as given by Luke (age 4) and Josie (age 3) and *Nathan (age 1.5). 


MY DADDY... by Luke
My Dad's name is: Daddy McReynolds. He is: years old. 
His hair is: green and his eyes are: blue. He is as big as: a giant.
His favorite food is: cereal and his favorite color is: blue.
My Dad likes to wear: church clothes. 
He is smart because he knows: his work.
My Dad works hard at: in Pensacola.
He likes to go to: work. 
If he could go on a trip, he would go to: work and bring: his lunch and tools.
My Dad always tells me: do you want to give me a hug? 
I really love it when my Dad: gives me bubblegum.
For fun, my Dad likes to: play with me in the pool.
It makes my Dad happy when: he comes home from work.
Daddy always tells me: Love you, Luke. 
If I could give my Dad anything, it would be: a hug.
My favorite thing to do with my Dad is: wrestle with him.
My favorite thing about my Dad is: when he comes home from work.
I love my Dad because: I just love him; he wrestles with me and hugs me at night.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

MY DADDY... by Josie
My Dad's name is: What's his name?. He is: 3 years old. 
His hair is: black and his eyes are: blue. He is as big as: a house.
His favorite food is: chicken and his favorite color is: blue.
My Dad likes to wear: work clothes.
He is smart because he knows about: God.
My Dad works hard at: in Mobile.
He likes to go to: Chinese Barnhills.
If he could go on a trip, he would go to: Mobile and bring: work clothes.
My Dad always tells me: No.
I really love it when my Dad: works.
For fun, my Dad likes to: play with me.
It makes my Dad happy when: I not sit on the baby.
If I could give my Dad anything, it would be: a huggy.
My favorite thing to do with my Dad is: go somewhere.
My favorite thing about my Dad is: giving hugs.
I love my Dad because: he plays with me.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

MY DADDY... by Nathan
My Dad's name is: Daaaahdeeee. He is: gung years old. 
His hair is: gung and his eyes are: (pants like a dog). He is as big as:gung.
His favorite food is: (claps hands) and his favorite color is: (smooches face with palms).
My Dad likes to wear: (grunting noise).
He is smart because he knows about: gung.
My Dad works hard at: (interviewee pushes finger into his nose).
He likes to go to: gung.
If he could go on a trip, he would go to: (blank stare) and bring: (longer blank stare).
My Dad always tells me: Daaaahdeeee.
I really love it when my Dad: gung.
For fun, my Dad likes to: gung.
It makes my Dad happy when: (loud squeeling sound).
If I could give my Dad anything, it would be: (inaudible).
My favorite thing to do with my Dad is: (blink).
My favorite thing about my Dad is: gung.
I love my Dad because: nu-uh.
(*I know, y'all. That one was informative. I set the bar really low this year.) 
::wink::

My plan is to interview the kids each year around Father's Day and keep each as a record of how their answers change as they grow up. As funny and lighthearted as we think they are now, I'm sure they will be a treasure to us when they've grown and flown the coop. (Not that I am wishing that day to come anytime soon. Believe that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!