Saturday, February 28, 2015

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jo!


Below is a picture journal of Josie's 3rd birthday. Mad thanks goes out to my photographer/BIL Clarence. You rock at memory catching. 

I'll give you one picture to decide just how obsessed Josie is with Strawberry Shortcake. 
(SPOILER ALERT: It's a.lot.) 

(See what I mean, y'all?) 

Josie was all up in the cake decorating process. She put every single birthday related accoutrement that she could find on top of that cake. It was an over crowed Strawberry Shortcake explosion of awesomeness. 

Also, check out those strawberry shortcake cupcakes. They were completely homemade by my Mom, complete with a fresh strawberry filling. Because my Mom rocks. 

(See what I mean? All.the.things.

Also, please check out the smudged purple border at the bottom left of your screen. Because apparently my kids have inherited my ability to swipe icing from birthday cakes. ::proud sigh::

Family picture. ::heart eyes::

PawPaw and MawMaw! (My awesome parents.)

And Grandma and Paw! (Matt's awesome parents.)

My completely unnecessary obligatory urge to bake homemade birthday cakes for the kids may make me crazy sometimes, but the 47 seconds that they sing in front of it and blow out their candles makes it worth it. 
(I think.) 

 In an effort to avoid being one of those people who uploads 119 pictures of their kids opening presents, I'll condense them down to a couple of the hilights and spare y'all the madness. 

You're welcome. 

She dropped her Minnie Mouse phone a few months before her birthday. (It was a very dark time in her life.) Blessedly, her NeeNee (Matt's sister) tracked one down and restored order to her world. Hallelujah because we can finally put away our black mourning armbands. 

All the presents: OPENED.
Bingo.

We ate pizza and cake and homemade ice cream until we absolutely couldn't eat another bite. Birthdays are celebrations where calories don't count. It's a medical fact. 

Nathan found a new BFF in his cousin, Ashley.

 This is why. 

Josie declared Madison as her favorite cousin. For obvious reasons. 


And Luke kept George occupied outside nearly all afternoon with these shenanigans. 
Bless his heart. 

I officially have the greatest nieces and nephews on the planet. And we were still missing nearly half a dozen at her party. 

Side note: BIG FAMILIES ARE AWESOME.

Happy birthday, Josie! 

Mom loves you so much, too much, and all the times. 
I pray that you continue to grow in God's grace and favor like you have in these first three years. I can't wait to see how you'll serve Him. 

You make me a blessed Momma, sweet girl. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!