Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Will Be Aretha Franklin This Winter


The first day you have to break out the family's humidifiers is always a depressing one, don'tcha think?? 

It means that you've got croup and congestion and runny noses and fussy babies and earaches and long nights filled with Vicks Vapor Rub smear downs and hallway hoverings while you try and discern which of your children's rooms the last croupy cough came from. 

It's the season of lying awake listening for phantom baby cries and cleaning the phar
macy shelves of every single decongestant and essential oil and camphor mist and Vapor Rub and box of Kleenex they have to offer. 

If you're like me and are dealing with a sick (or in my case, TWO sick kids), I salute you. I lift my extra cup of coffee to you as I begin to Lysol all the things and wipe all the noses and suck out all the sinuses and pray that my one remaining healthy child doesn't succumb to the Mucus Monster that rears it's ugly head in my house each winter.

But I've got good news, y'all, because we will survive this season, friends. 

WE WILL SURVIVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!