Monday, May 1, 2017

An a-MAY-zingly Fresh Start


Can you feel it? 

The blank slate of another new week AND another new month is upon us. Bless it. 

I love Monday's because I feel like it's a fresh and unspoiled package of days that are waiting for me. Because I'm a huge nerd, I love to flip the pages of my planner over early on Monday mornings and survey the week's activities. We have baseball games and Story Time and co-op and play dates and errands and Bible Classes. My meals are jotted down and I've got a (lofty) cleaning list laid out. Like I said, I KNOW I AM A NERD. 

Our weeks fill up surprisingly quickly and by Thursday's I'm usually feeling run down and depleted. I've gotten behind in more than one way and I've lost my temper and probably the mates to at least three pairs of shoes. (HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN SO EASILY?? They're shoes!) However, on Monday's- everything is fresh. I really enjoy that early morning, quiet house, third cup of coffee kinda feeling I get around 6:30 when I can look over my planner, make lists of things and pray over things. And that's exactly what I just did. 

I'm nearing the end of my chronological Bible study and I'm knee deep in a bunch of Paul's  letters. (Romans always gives me brain cramps. It is so much good stuff BUT IT IS SO MUCH GOOD STUFF. Bless it, y'all.) I'm currently in Colossians and a few of his admonitions stood out to me this morning as I read them with my "fresh week, fresh month" attitude. 

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily (from the soul), as for the Lord rather than for men; knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. IT IS THE LORD CHRIST THAT YOU SERVE." -Paul, Colossians 2:23-24, emphasis mine

That encouraged me with ALL the encouragement, y'all. All my little lists and notes and activities I'm planning- I'm doing it all FOR HIM. I'm going to iron my husband's work clothes and purge closets and wash shower curtains this week. FOR HIM. I'm going to teach Phonics and handwriting and addition with regrouping. FOR HIM. I'm going to take us to the library and grocery store and church and maybe even the beach and the whole time, every day, every hour- I'm going to be serving Him. 

So when I want to lose my temper and freak out over the dog hair in my carpet and the kinetic sand under my dining room table and the congealed oatmeal on the kitchen counter and the fourth skirmish over a plastic light up pirate sword, I'll be able to stop, exhale and remember that this is not only a fresh start to a new week, I've been given a fresh start to a whole new MONTH. And I can work to let Him guide me and hold me and strengthen my resolve to make May the best month of 2017 we've had so far. And I believe it will be. I really do! 

And I hope y'all have an amazing week, as well. Here's to a fresh start of a new month of more Bible studies and prayer times and peacefulness and coffee. 

And thanks for stopping by! ~Katie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I moderate all posts, so yours will be reviewed and posted in a jiffy! Thanks again, y'all!